Software Cloud Architect
More than 1700 schools are using our COOL platform, spread throughout the whole country (and internationally). Put to good use by over 500,000 users: students, teachers and IT professionals. Of course, as a Software Architect you are able to understand that a good architectural structure is key when it comes to providing the highest quality to all these users; an online portal that works, is safe to use, and protects its users privacy. Always!
The COOL platform is ever-growing. Next to the increasing numbers of unique users nationally, the platform has to be able to withstand our international ambition to grow. Since this asks for an architectural structure where it is easy to add new features, we are looking for a senior Software Architect. Are you excited to provide your very own creative input? Continue reading below!
This is what you tell your friends about what you do
- You are responsible for setting up and maintaining the software and online architecture.
- You choose the technical direction with your vision and take on software architecture of our company.
- Your knowledge and skills when it comes to designing, maintaining and refactoring helps decide the direction.
- Together with the team you collect ideas and take these into account when presenting your propositions.
- These propositions are then used to expand on within the rest of the company and used to support your team.
- As an expert in the area of software architecture you love to share knowledge and experience(s) with other lesser experienced coworkers.
- You support your coworkers with setting up and executing the chosen solutions.
- You are responsible for the safety and security of everything privacy-related in regards to the software and online environment(s).
- You closely follow anything new and related to the technologies being used and are able to translate these to realistic technical scenarios.
You and Cloudwise
The technologies behind the scenes
- The current back-end is written in Java.
- The current environment is running on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), at which we should also be looking into alternatives like Microsoft and/or AWS in the future.
- Data is saved in the Google Datastore using Objectify.
- You will be using Google API’s for the integration with Google Workspace for Education.
- Our front-end is built using Angular and AngularJS and communicates with the server through REST.
- The SSO-integration with Basispoort and Kennisnet runs through SAML.
- We work in Scrum Sprints to ensure projects are streamlined.
- Finally, you will be using Jenkins, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, Gradle, Artifactory, IntelliJ as development tools.
This is you!
- You have 5-10 years of experience with software development and at least 3 years of experience as a software architect.
- Preferably a bachelor or master’s degree in Software Development or similar tech-studies.
- Expansive knowledge about Cloud infrastructures (Google/Microsoft/AWS).
- Knowledge and experience of/with Java, AngularJS and/or Angular is preferred.
- You like to proactively work with product owners.
- You are able to inspire multiple scrum teams and are able to create an innovative platform for internal solutions due to your strong communication skills.
- You are able to work under pressure and possess a strong understanding of solving problems.
- There is no challenge too big and you are able to work tactfully and notice details. You are able to convince stakeholders of your perspective and vision regarding added values of your very own solutions.
- Furthermore you are analytical, flexible and a true team player. You think critically yet have an open mind.
- You have a great understanding of the Dutch and English language.
And this is Cloudwise
We are Cloudwise. The number one IT-service provider in the education sector. With over 80 proactive, kind and knowledgeable colleagues, we are able to prove to teachers and students all of the extensive possibilities made possible by our industry: IT is cool! We are actually very proud of how we manage to solve complicated technical problems, very simply. Making it easier for schools to work together in the cloud. Our focus: making customers happy, regardless of the extra steps.
You will be working with a young and team-spirited group of talented developers being led by the Research & Development manager. The group consists of 9 developers, 2 testers, 2 product owners, a UX/UI designer, and a product release manager. We think it is important to help each other to achieve deadlines or whenever help is required. We are in this together. Employees of Cloudwise think the work environment deserves a solid 8.7/10.0 and rate a 9.0/10.0 when it comes to being proud of having Cloudwise as their employer. The working environment is informal. Coworkers love to share information and knowledge. Between work there is a lot of room for fun activities to be enjoyed. For example: table soccer, a delicious lunch, afterwork-drinks and the Arcade / Switch.
What we offer
- A challenging job opportunity 32-40 hours a week.
- A salary matching your skills and experience.
- Travel allowance, pension plan and an internet allowance to be used at home.
- 25 vacation days, allowing you enough time to relax.
- An enthusiastic team to have fun with, in between the more serious business.
- The chance to use the latest technologies.
- We value new ideas. Great ideas will be carried out without having the disadvantages of a long procedure. If it works, it works.
- A challenging and dynamic job within a quickly growing company.
- Educational possibilities, depending on your and our needs.
- Being able to attend interesting workshops or fairs within your specialization.
- A playful and cool office in Woerden, close to the motorway and train station.
- Lots of freedom and responsibility to organize your work(flow) to your own liking.
- A delicious lunch in our very own COOL café.
- A unique working environment where teamwork and cooperation are of high priority.
- Profit sharing based on profit. You are able to exchange these profits to certificates of shares. Tadaaaa; you are now becoming a co-owner of Cloudwise!
Become a Cloudwiser too!
Excited? Great! Apply for this job immediately by clicking ‘Apply for this job’ at the bottom of this page. Are you interested, but want to know a little bit more about this job? Contact our recruiter Mariëlle by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call tel. 085 - 2736124.