Software Cloud Architect
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, WoerdenResearch & development
The COOL platform is growing. In addition to the increasing user numbers, the platform must also be able to cope with our international ambition. Since this requires a different architecture where we can easily add new functionalities, we are looking for a Software Cloud Architect. Are you eager to contribute to this? Continue reading!
Spread throughout the country (and beyond), more than 2000 schools use our COOL platform. Together they account for more than 600,000 users: students, teachers, and IT specialists. And that number is growing rapidly. As a Software Cloud Architect, you understand better than anyone that a good cloud architecture is key to continue to offer all those users the highest possible quality; a platform that works and guarantees security and privacy. Always! You do this together with the Software Development team that consists of 30 FTE and growing.
Our Tech Stack
- Our applications are mainly written in Java and Angular.
- The production environment runs on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), whereby alternatives such as Microsoft and/or AWS should also be considered for the future.
- Our current services run on Google AppEngine and Cloud Run.
- We integrate with Google Workspace for Education, Microsoft Azure, educational services like Basispoort and Kennisnet, and various (international) student administration systems.
- For SSO integration with third parties, we use OAuth2 and SAML.
- Finally, we use Docker, Gradle, BitBucket, Artifactory, Sonar.
This is you!
- You have 5-10 years of experience with software development and at least 3 years as a cloud architect.
- You feel responsible for setting up and maintaining a future-proof software cloud architecture.
- You are a sparring partner at all levels and with your vision on software architecture you determine the technical course of our company.
- To execute your ideas, you are able to get the support of the organization.
- With your strong communication skills you know how to inspire multiple scrum teams and you create support for your innovative solutions within the teams.
- Coaching colleagues with architectural knowledge and ambition.
- You understand the importance of a good multi-region architecture to facilitate our international growth.
- You are able to work under pressure and have strong problem-solving skills.
- You do not shy away from a challenge and you work accurately and in detail.
- You are also analytical, flexible, a real team player, and you have a critical but open attitude.
- You feel responsible for the security and privacy of our customers' data.
- You keep a close eye on new developments and translate this into feasible technical designs.
- Reading and writing in Dutch would be an extra
And this is Cloudwise
A fast-growing company from Woerden with entrepreneurial, friendly and enthusiastic colleagues. We are actually quite proud of how we solve complex technical problems in a simple way, so that schools can work seamlessly in the cloud. We want to introduce teachers and students to the possibilities of technology: IT is cool! Our focus: making customers happy, even when we have to go the extra mile.
You will work in a young and collegial team led by a research & development manager consisting of 21 developers, 4 testers, 2 product owners, two UX/UI designers, and a product release manager. The work environment is informal. Colleagues like to share knowledge and information with each other. In between the activities, fun activities are done together, such as table football, lunch, friday afternoon drinks or a game on the Switch. It is therefore not a surprise that Cloudwise employees give an 8.7 for work atmosphere and even a 9 for the degree on how proud they are to work at Cloudwise.
What we offer you
- A salary that matches your experience and knowledge.
- Travel allowance, pension scheme and an internet allowance for your private connection.
- 25 vacation days, so you have enough free time.
- A nice team to have fun with in between the more serious business.
- The chance to try new technologies.
- We value new ideas. Good ideas are carried out without having to follow tedious procedures first.
- A challenging and varied job in a fast-growing company.
- Training options depending on your and our needs.
- Attending interesting conferences or workshops in your field.
- A cool office in Woerden, close to the train station and the highway.
- Lots of freedom and responsibility to shape your work according to your own insight and needs.
- A delicious lunch.
- Unique working atmosphere in which teamwork and collegiality are of great importance.
- Profit sharing which you can convert into depositary receipts for shares and tadaaaa: you become a co-owner of Cloudwise!
Did we manage to spark your interest?
Got excited? Nice! Apply directly via the button 'apply now!' at the bottom of this page. Would you like to know more first? Please contact our recruiter Mariëlle via email@example.com or call 085-2736124.