Netherlands, Utrecht, WoerdenResearch & development
At Cloudwise, your talent makes a big difference in the world of education. Mainly since you will be maintaining and developing our worldwide online learning platform COOL - which is being used by over 1800 schools and with 200,000 unique logins on a daily basis. Our platform runs entirely on the Google Cloud Platform. The accounts of 500,000 students and teachers get checked and updated every night. We develop everything in-house, which leaves a lot of room for you to fill in the blanks with your own ideas and creativity. COOL right?
As a Java Developer you'll be building new functionalities, especially in the back-end. You also ensure that our applications integrate flawlessly with online services from other suppliers within the field of education. A major project we are also working on is renewing the legacy parts of our application. A project that involves many interesting technical issues. So is Java your expertise and do you like to work with the latest Cloud technologies? Then we are looking for you!
- Our current back-end is written in Java.
- The applications that you will be developing are running on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- We integrate with Google Workspace for Education, Microsoft Azure, education services like Basispoort and Kennisnet, and with diverse student administration systems.
- Our front-end is built using Angular and communicates with the server through REST.
- For the SSO-integration with third parties we use OAuth2 and SAML.
- You get a license to develop with IntelliJ as an IDE.
- Lastly we use Docker, Gradle, BitBucket, Artifactory and Sonar.
This is you!
- Preferably a bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or similar tech-education.
- Minimally six years of experience as a software developer, Java developer or similar function.
- You are a Java expert and proficient in web development.
- You enjoy working in a team to create software that is reliable and of quality.
- You understand what our users want and their experiences.
- Knowledge and experience with the Google Cloud Platform is beneficial.
- Clear and concise understanding on how to exchange information about technicalities.
- You have an eye for detail and your positive critical thinking skills keeps the team focused on improving themselves.
- You are flexible and eager to learn.
- It’s a plus if you know how to work with Scrum.
- Great understanding of the Dutch and English language. Spoken and written.
And this is Cloudwise
We are Cloudwise. The number one IT-service provider in the education sector. With over 90 proactive, kind and knowledgeable colleagues, we are able to prove to teachers and students all of the extensive possibilities made possible by our industry: IT is cool! We are actually very proud of how we managed to solve complicated technical problems, very simply. Making it easier for schools to work together in the cloud. Our focus: making customers happy, regardless of the extra steps.
You will be working with a young and team-spirited group of 7 developers, 3 testers, 2 product owners and 2 UX/UI designers. We think it is important to help each other to achieve deadlines or whenever help is required. We are in this together. Everyone at Cloudwise thinks the work environment deserves a solid 8.7/10.0 and rates a 9.0/10.0 when it comes to being proud of having Cloudwise as their employer. The working environment is informal. Coworkers love to share information and knowledge. Between work there is a lot of room for fun activities to be enjoyed. Think of: table soccer, a delicious lunch, afterwork-drinks and the Arcade or Switch.
What we offer
- A challenging job opportunity as Java developer / software developer for 32-40 hours a week.
- A salary matching your skills and experience.
- Travel allowance, pension plan and internet allowance to be used at home.
- 25 well earned vacation days, based on a full time working week.
- An enthusiastic team to have fun with inbetween the more serious business.
- A chance to learn about and use new technologies.
- We value new ideas. Great ideas will be carried out without having the disadvantages of a long procedure. If it works, it works.
- A challenging and dynamic job within a quickly growing company.
- Educational possibilities, depending on your and our needs.
- Being able to attend interesting workshops or fairs within your specialization.
- A beautiful and playful office in Woerden, close to the highway and train station.
- Lots of freedom and responsibility to organize your work(flow) to your own liking.
- Delicious lunches available in our COOL café.
- Profit sharing based on profit. You are able to exchange these profits to certificates of shares. Tadaaaa; you are now becoming a co-owner of Cloudwise!
Ready to help make a difference?
Are you our new Java developer? Apply now by clicking the ‘Apply for this job’ button at the bottom of this page. Do you have a question or do you want to inquire about more information? Please contact Mariëlle via firstname.lastname@example.org or call this phone number: 085-2736124.